Jump to Main Content
- Natali, Antônio J., et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Journal of thermal biology 2019 v.83 pp. 30-36
- ambient temperature; animal disease models; cortex; exercise; frontal lobe; humans; hypertension; laboratory animals; males; rats; thermistors
- ... This study aimed to evaluate the changes in brain (Tbrain) and abdominal (Tabd) temperatures in spontaneously hypertensive rats (SHRs) following fatiguing exercise. Male normotensive Wistar rats (NWRs) and SHRs were used at 16 weeks of age. Their arterial pressure was measured by tail plethysmography prior to the experiments to confirm the hypertensive status of the SHRs. Then, the rats underwent ...
- Natali, Antônio J., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Life sciences 2019 v.230 pp. 141-149
- Chagas disease; acute course; animal models; benznidazole; cardioprotective effect; catalase; drug therapy; enzyme activity; exercise; glutathione-disulfide reductase; heart; hydrogen peroxide; infectious diseases; inflammation; interferon-gamma; interleukin-10; interleukin-17; interleukin-4; interleukin-6; laboratory animals; malondialdehyde; myocarditis; nitric oxide; parasitemia; rats; superoxide dismutase; tumor necrosis factor-alpha
- ... When administered alone, preinfection exercise training and benznidazole-based chemotherapy induce cardioprotection in Chagas disease. However, the effect of concomitant exercise and benznidazole treatment is unknown. We investigated whether exercise and specific chemotherapy could interact to modulate parasitemia, inflammation, redox status and heart damage in a murine model of T. cruzi infection ...