Jump to Main Content
- Yang, Jian Li, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Plant and soil 2019 v.436 no.1-2 pp. 489-501
- ABC transporters; Arabidopsis; Fagopyrum esculentum; aluminum; buckwheat; fluorescence; genes; hemicellulose; heterologous gene expression; hypersensitivity; metabolism; mutants; two hybrid system techniques; xyloglucan:xyloglucosyl transferase
- ... AIMS: Buckwheat (Fagopyrum esculentum) exhibits high Al tolerance, but only a few genes have been functionally characterized. We previously characterized a half-type ABC transporter, Fagopyrum esculentum sensitive to Al rhizotoxicity1 (FeSTAR1), in buckwheat Al tolerance. This study aims to investigate whether and how another half-type ABC transporter (FeSTAR2) plays role in Al tolerance in buckwh ...
- Yang, Jian Li, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Journal of integrative plant biology 2019 v.61 no.2 pp. 140-154
- Arabidopsis; Vigna umbellata; abscisic acid; acid soils; aluminum; cell walls; citrates; gene expression; gene expression regulation; genes; metal tolerance; molecular biology; mutants; osmoregulation; osmotic stress; root growth; signal transduction; toxicity; transcription factors; transcriptomics
- ... Under conditions of aluminum (Al) toxicity, which severely inhibits root growth in acidic soils, plants rapidly alter their gene expression to optimize physiological fitness for survival. Abscisic acid (ABA) has been suggested as a mediator between Al stress and gene expression, but the underlying mechanisms remain largely unknown. Here, we investigated ABA‐mediated Al‐stress responses, using inte ...