Jump to Main Content
- Bopp, Carlos; Engler, Alejandra; Poortvliet, P. Marijn; Jara-Rojas, Roberto
- Journal of environmental management 2019 v.244 pp. 320-327
- improved fallow, etc ; annuals; composts; economic incentives; farmers; issues and policy; minimum tillage; models; motivation; risk; soil degradation; stubble; sustainable agriculture; Chile; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... This paper examines the effectiveness of intrinsic and extrinsic motivations on the adoption intensity of sustainable agricultural practices (SAPs) among annual crop farmers in Chile. We use the farmers’ attitude towards SAPs as a proxy of intrinsic motivation, while extrinsic motivation is represented by an economic incentive to promote the use of SAPs. The policy program we studied is administer ...
- Moghimian, Negar; Hosseini, Seyed Mohsen; Kooch, Yahya; Darki, Behrouz Zarei
- Acta ecologica Sinica 2019 v.39 no.4 pp. 328-333
- improved fallow, etc ; Alnus subcordata; Sequoia; environmental indicators; forests; home gardens; land use; microbial carbon; microbial nitrogen; soil; soil quality; Iran; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... The objective of the study was to examine changes in microbial parameters have been used to monitor changes in soil quality under different land uses in north of Iran. The microbial parameters included microbial respiration (MR), substrate induced respiration (SIR), carbon availability index (CAI), microbial biomass carbon (MBC), microbial biomass nitrogen (MBN), ratio of MBC/MBN, metabolic quotie ...