Jump to Main Content
- Canto-Canché, Blondy, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Agronomy 2019 v.9 no.10
- Heliconia psittacorum; Mycosphaerella fijiensis; alternative hosts; bananas; black Sigatoka; crop production; crops; disease control; fruit diseases; fruit growing; fungicides; host plants; inoculum; leaf spot; pathogens; plantations; polymerase chain reaction; sequence analysis; Mexico
- ... Black Sigatoka is the main constraint to banana production worldwide, and epidemic outbreaks are continuously causing huge losses. Successful management of diseases requires a profound knowledge of the epidemiological factors that influence disease dynamics. Information regarding alternative hosts of Pseudocercospora fijiensis, the causal agent, is still very scarce. To date, only Heliconia psitta ...
- Canto-Canché, Blondy, et al. Show all 12 Authors
- World journal of microbiology & biotechnology 2019 v.35 no.7 pp. 105
- Mycosphaerella fijiensis; bananas; bioinformatics; black Sigatoka; cell walls; in vitro culture; nitrogen; pathogenesis; plant pathogenic fungi; proteome; proteomics; structural proteins; virulence
- ... Pseudocercospora fijiensis causes black Sigatoka disease, the most important threat to banana. The cell wall is crucial for fungal biological processes, including pathogenesis. Here, we performed cell wall proteomics analyses of two P. fijiensis strains, the highly virulent Oz2b, and the less virulent C1233 strains. Strains were starved from nitrogen to mimic the host environment. Interestingly, i ...