Jump to Main Content
- Deamici, Kricelle Mosquera, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- World journal of microbiology & biotechnology 2019 v.35 no.5 pp. 78
- Earth atmosphere; biomass production; bioreactors; carbon dioxide; carbon dioxide fixation; culture media; economic impact; energy; environmental impact; global warming; greenhouse gas emissions; greenhouse gases; microalgae; microorganisms; organic compounds; photosynthesis
- ... The increase in the CO₂ concentration in the Earth's atmosphere has been a topic of worldwide concern since anthropogenic emissions of greenhouse gases began increasing considerably during the industrial period. The effects of these mass emissions are probably the main cause of global warming, which has been observed over recent decades. Among the various techniques of CO₂ capture, microalgal biof ...
- Deamici, Kricelle Mosquera, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Bioresource technology 2019 v.276 pp. 103-109
- Chlorella; biomass; carbon dioxide; carbon dioxide fixation; growth models; magnetic fields; microalgae; protein content
- ... This study aimed to use different conditions of magnetic field (MF) application during Chlorella fusca cultivation and evaluate CO2 biofixation by the microalga through growth kinetics in addition to the biomass composition. For this purpose, we tested different MF intensities applied for 1 h d−1 and for 24 h. Cultures exposed to the MF for 1 h d−1 (in both intensities) had greater biomass concent ...