Jump to Main Content
- Gómez, Eduardo A., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Sedimentary geology 2019 v.381 pp. 1-12
- deformation; geomorphology; hydrodynamics; sand; seawater; storms; Argentina
- ... The study focus on the description of several MISS as erosional pockets and remnants, flipped-over edges, and large microbial deformation structures as roll-ups, folds and gas domes, in the context of sediment composition, hydraulics, and geomorphology. The aim of the paper is to recognize the mechanisms of formation of MISS by analyses on hydrodynamics under the influence of the geomorphology.The ...
- Gómez, Eduardo A., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Geomorphology 2019 v.341 pp. 140-152
- basins; coasts; earthquakes; geographic information systems; lakes; landslides; national parks; remote sensing; sediment traps; suspended sediment; tephra; terraces; tsunamis; watersheds; Andes region; Argentina
- ... The Argentinean side of the Andean North Patagonia is drained by several fluvio-lacustrine systems flowing eastwards from their headwaters at the Andes mountains towards large glacial lakes. These watersheds are recurrently affected by the deposition of tephra erupted from the many active Andean volcanos located in the Southern Volcanic Zone. This research focusses on two fluvial systems (Pireco a ...