Jump to Main Content
- Miroshnikov, K. K.; Belova, S. E.; Dedysh, S. N.
- Microbiology 2019 v.88 no.5 pp. 548-555
- Methylocella, etc ; Methylocystis; bacteria; bacteriochlorophyll; biosynthesis; carotenoids; environmental factors; genomics; greenhouse gases; light harvesting complex; methane; methanotrophs; multigene family; nucleotide sequences; oxidation; photosystem II; tundra; wetlands; Russia; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... Aerobic methanotrophic bacteria are an ecologically important group of microorganisms, which are functionally specialized in oxidation of the greenhouse gas methane. Recent insights into the growing pool of available genome sequences from methanotrophs revealed a number of as-yet-unknown metabolic capabilities of these bacteria. Thus, the genes indicative of aerobic anoxygenic photosynthesis by me ...
- Patel, Sanjay K. S.; Jeon, Min Soo; Gupta, Rahul K.; Jeon, Yale; Kalia, Vipin Chandra; Kim, Sun Chang; Cho, Byung Kwan; Kim, Dong Rip; Lee, Jung-Kul
- ACS applied materials & interfaces 2019 v.11 no.21 pp. 18968-18977
- Methylocella, etc ; biochemical pathways; biogas; biotransformation; carbon; carbon dioxide; chemical bonding; greenhouse gases; immobilized cells; leaching; methane; methanol; methanotrophs; pH; porosity; porous media; temperature; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... A viable approach for methanol production under ambient physiological conditions is to use greenhouse gases, methane (CH₄) and carbon dioxide (CO₂), as feed for immobilized methanotrophs. In the present study, unique macroporous carbon particles with pore sizes in the range of ∼1–6 μm were synthesized and used as support for the immobilization of Methylocella tundrae. Immobilization was accomplish ...