Jump to Main Content
- Zanetti, Filippo; Sewer, Alain; Titz, Bjoern; Schlage, Walter K.; Iskandar, Anita R.; Kondylis, Athanasios; Leroy, Patrice; Guedj, Emmanuel; Trivedi, Keyur; Elamin, Ashraf; Martin, Florian; Frentzel, Stefan; Ivanov, Nikolai V.; Peitsch, Manuel C.; Hoeng, Julia
- Food and chemical toxicology 2019 v.125 pp. 252-270
- smokeless tobacco, etc ; epithelium; humans; men; messenger RNA; metabolism; microRNA; particulates; toxicity; toxicology; xenobiotics; Sweden; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... Swedish snus is a smokeless tobacco product that contains reduced levels of harmful compounds compared with cigarette smoke. In Sweden, where snus use exceeds smoking among men, relatively low rates of major smoking-related diseases have been recorded. To better understand how snus use could align with current tobacco harm reduction strategies, its potential mechanisms of toxicity must be investig ...
- Gupta, Alpana K.; Tulsyan, Sonam; Bharadwaj, Mausumi; Mehrotra, Ravi
- Food and chemical toxicology 2019 v.124 pp. 359-366
- smokeless tobacco, etc ; burden of disease; business enterprises; carcinogens; cigarettes; humans; manufacturing; morbidity; mortality; neoplasms; nitrosamines; plant growth; quality of life; toxicology; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... Due to the extensive ban on public smoking, tobacco companies focused their business on new smokeless tobacco (SLT) products promoting them as a harm reduction strategy and a safer alternative to cigarettes. Two nitrosamines, N′-nitrosonornicotine (NNN) and nicotine-derived nitrosamine ketone (NNK), present in SLT, listed as group 1 human carcinogens by the International Agency for Research on Can ...