Jump to Main Content
- Šimková, Hana, et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Theoretical and applied genetics 2019 v.132 no.4 pp. 1061-1072
- Triticum aestivum; genetic markers; heterozygosity; introgression; loci; mature plants; nucleotide sequences; powdery mildew; resistance genes; seedlings; wheat
- ... A segment of Triticum militinae chromosome 7G harbors a gene(s) conferring powdery mildew resistance which is effective at both the seedling and the adult plant stages when transferred into bread wheat (T. aestivum). The introgressed segment replaces a piece of wheat chromosome arm 4AL. An analysis of segregating materials generated to positionally clone the gene highlighted that in a plant hetero ...
- Šimková, Hana, et al. Show all 15 Authors
- New biotechnology 2019 v.48 pp. 12-19
- Aegilops tauschii; Triticum aestivum; abiotic stress; ancestry; bacterial artificial chromosomes; biotic stress; breeding; centromeres; clones; genes; genomics; molecular cloning; quantitative trait loci; radiation hybrid mapping; sequence analysis; staple foods; wheat
- ... Bread wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) is a staple food for a significant part of the world’s population. The growing demand on its production can be satisfied by improving yield and resistance to biotic and abiotic stress. Knowledge of the genome sequence would aid in discovering genes and QTLs underlying these traits and provide a basis for genomics-assisted breeding. Physical maps and BAC clones as ...