Jump to Main Content
- Benucci, Ilaria, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Lebensmittel-Wissenschaft + [i.e. und] Technologie 2019 v.99 pp. 497-504
- blanching; cabbage; food industry; geometry; peroxidase; potatoes; processing time; response surface methodology; temperature
- ... Microwave (MW) blanching (MWB) of vegetables has been applied in food industry as alternative to conventional treatment. Therefore, this study was aimed to evaluate the efficacy of MWB in terms of peroxidase (POD) inactivation, by applying various process conditions (MW power and process time) to different vegetables (potatoes, savoy and white cabbage), mimicking the most common geometric shapes ( ...
- Benucci, Ilaria, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Food chemistry 2019 v.300 pp. 125174
- alginates; calcium; encapsulation; ethanol; fermentation; odors; oxygen consumption; sensory evaluation; sparkling wines; taste; volatile compounds; winemaking; yeasts
- ... This paper focuses on the use of a new type of yeast encapsulation procedure, applying the chitosan-calcium alginate double layer microcapsules, for the production of Riesling sparkling wine. Four different sparkling wines were produced by free or encapsulated yeasts. The four types of yeast used were adapted (Free EtOH-A, Encapsulated EtOH-A) and non-adapted to ethanol (Free, Encapsulated).The di ...