Jump to Main Content
- Freixa, Anna, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Hydrobiologia 2019 v.828 no.1 pp. 199-212
- algae; base flow; chlorophyll; drought; microbial biomass; microbial communities; microorganisms; organic matter; particle size distribution; porosity; regression analysis; rivers; sand; shear stress; surface area
- ... River sediment physical properties are linked to flow and are important for the attachment of microorganisms. The objective of this study was to assess the relationship between physical characteristics of surface sediments in a Mediterranean river and their organic matter content and microbial biomass. To do this, we analyzed particle-size distribution, organic matter content, chlorophyll-a, and b ...
- Freixa, Anna, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Environmental research 2019 v.169 pp. 377-386
- bioaccumulation; biofilm; biotransformation; diuron; freshwater; freshwater ecosystems; fullerene; rivers; triclosan
- ... A huge variety of organic microcontaminants are presently detected in freshwater ecosystems, but there is still a lack of knowledge about their interactions, either with living organisms or with other contaminants. Actually, carbon nanomaterials like fullerenes (C60) can act as carriers of organic microcontaminants, but their relevance in processes like bioaccumulation and biotransformation of org ...