Jump to Main Content
- Healy, Kevin E., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Biomaterials 2019 v.194 pp. 73-83
- angiogenesis; biocompatible materials; culture media; encapsulation; endothelial cells; fluorescence; hyaluronic acid; hydrogels; models
- ... Human induced pluripotent stem cell (hiPSC) derived angiogenesis models present a unique opportunity for patient-specific platforms to study the complex process of angiogenesis and the endothelial cell response to biomaterial and biophysical changes in a defined microenvironment. We present a refined method for differentiating hiPSCs into a CD31 + endothelial cell population (hiPSC-ECs) using a si ...
- Healy, Kevin E., et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Biomaterials 2019 v.217 pp. 119289
- animals; cardiac output; clinical trials; heart failure; hydrogels; myocardial infarction; renin-angiotensin system; therapeutics
- ... Intramyocardial hydrogel injection is an innovative and promising treatment for myocardial infarction (MI) and has recently entered clinical trials. By providing mechanical support to the ventricular wall, hydrogel injectate may act to preserve cardiac function and slow the remodeling process that leads to heart failure. However, improved outcomes will likely depend on the use of hydrogels specifi ...