Jump to Main Content
- Horax, Ronny, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Journal of food science and technology 2019 v.56 no.6 pp. 2855-2862
- baking; carboxymethylcellulose; corn; dough; gluten-free foods; glycemic index; hardness; leavening agents; response surface methodology; snacks; soy flour; soy protein isolate; water activity
- ... This study aimed to develop gluten-free protein-enriched corn snack chips and evaluate their physical properties and in vitro estimated glycemic index. Flours containing yellow corn and soybean flours, and soy protein isolate (in a proportion of 2.5:1.0:1.0 by weight respectively), cellulose gum, salt, and baking powder were homogeneously mixed followed by the addition of water and kneaded to form ...
- Horax, Ronny, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of food processing and preservation 2019 v.43 no.3 pp. e13888
- Listeria monocytogenes; Salmonella Typhimurium; anti-infective agents; antimicrobial properties; bacteria; bark; celery; cinnamon; essential oils; food pathogens; fresh produce; humans; leaves; minimum inhibitory concentration; storage temperature; storage time
- ... Cinnamon essential oils (CEOs) from leaf and bark were investigated for their antimicrobial potential against Salmonella typhimurium and Listeria monocytogenes. Minimum inhibitory concentration of leaf and bark CEOs against S. typhimurium and L. monocytogenes at low (4‐log CFU/ml) and high (9‐log CFU/ml) initial concentrations was 0.5% (vol/vol). When applied on fresh celery previously inoculated ...