Jump to Main Content
- Hong, Bonnie, et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2019 v.67 no.26 pp. 7466-7474
- Zea mays; amino acid sequences; corn; food crops; gene expression; genes; genetically modified plants; grain yield; proteins; safety assessment; seeds; sweetcorn
- ... The ZMM28 protein encoded by the zmm28 gene is endogenous to maize. DP202216 maize was genetically modified to increase and extend expression of the zmm28 gene relative to native zmm28 gene expression, resulting in plants with enhanced grain yield potential. Evaluation of the history of safe use (HOSU) is one component of the safety assessment framework for a newly expressed protein in a GM crop. ...
- Hong, Bonnie, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Seed science research 2019 v.29 no.1 pp. 64-72
- germination; seed quality; seed testing; seeds; variance
- ... Many seed quality tests are conducted by first randomly assigning seeds into replicates of a given size. The replicate results are then used to check whether or not any problems occur in the realization of the test. The two main tools developed for this verification are the ratio of the observed variance of the replicate results to a theoretical variance and the tolerance for the range of the resu ...