Jump to Main Content
- Muthu, Manikandan, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- RSC advances 2019 v.9 no.16 pp. 8935-8942
- Annona; apoptosis; cell cycle; cell proliferation; cell viability; central nervous system; cytotoxicity; dose response; fruits; genes; glioblastoma; humans; leaf extracts; leaves; seeds; tropical plants; Africa; Korean Peninsula
- ... Graviola (Annona muricate) is a coveted tropical plant that has been found to be effective against many human cancers. Malignant glioblastoma multiformes are the most common and aggressive malignant forms of astrocytoma in the central nervous system. MUDENG (Mu-2-related death-inducing gene, MuD) is involved in cell death signaling. In this study, we investigated the impact of extracts from gravio ...
- Muthu, Manikandan, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Natural product research 2019 v.33 no.6 pp. 906-910
- Candida; antibacterial properties; antifungal properties; antioxidant activity; antiviral properties; apple cider; bioactive compounds; cider vinegar; cytotoxicity; traditional medicine; yeasts
- ... These are the days when one would go online first seeking home remedies before seeing a doctor. Apple cider vinegar (ACV) is one such popular yet scientifically under-validated remedy. Our results prove the unequivocal antimicrobial activity of ACV to be true at full strength concentrations. However, the activity cannot be generalised because although strong antibacterial activity was observed at ...