Jump to Main Content
- Xu, Y. Jun, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Journal of hydrology 2019 v.570 pp. 486-494
- ambient water; aquatic ecosystems; carbon; carbon dioxide; carbon dioxide production; case studies; eutrophication; lakes; metabolism; solar radiation; surface water; temperature; uncertainty; winter; Southeastern United States
- ... Evasion of carbon dioxide (CO2) from lakes is a significant component in the continental carbon balance, but most current CO2 evasion estimates ignore daily CO2 fluctuations. To test the hypothesis that partial pressure of CO2 (pCO2) and CO2 evasion vary throughout a day due to biological processes driven by solar radiation, we conducted in-situ pCO2 and ambient water measurements over eleven 10-h ...
- Xu, Y. Jun, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Water research 2019 v.153 pp. 29-38
- carbon; carbon dioxide; carbon dioxide production; emissions; lakes; solar radiation; uncertainty; water temperature; Louisiana
- ... Carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions from lakes have been proven to be an important component of the continental carbon balance, but most CO2 evasion estimates ignore daily variability of partial pressure of CO2 (pCO2). To discern the variability of pCO2 and its effect on CO2 outgassing estimations, we conducted in-situ biweekly pCO2 measurements during daylight from November 2017 to June 2018 at 7:00, ...