Jump to Main Content
- Abdellaoui, Raoudha, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Environmental and experimental botany 2019 v.157 pp. 211-216
- Retama raetam; environmental factors; land restoration; physiological state; prediction; seed germination; shrubs; simulation models; temperature; water potential; Tunisia
- ... Retama raetam (Forssk Webb; Fabaceae) is a xerophytic shrub that is distributed from northern to southern Tunisia and which is of interest for medical use and for revegetation. To quantify seed germination responses of R. raetam to temperature (T) and water potential (ψ), and to determine cardinal Ts, a hydrothermal time model (HTT) was used. The experiment was conducted at six constant Ts (5, 10, ...
- Abdellaoui, Raoudha, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Food bioscience 2019 v.29 pp. 24-29
- 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl; Polygonum; aerial parts; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; chemical analysis; climate; electrospray ionization mass spectrometry; epicatechin; gallic acid; liquid chromatography; median effective concentration; proanthocyanidins; quinic acid; Tunisia
- ... The antioxidant capacities of 11 populations of P. equisetiforme collected from the Saharan, arid, and semi-arid bioclimatic zones in Tunisia were investigated. Total phenolic content varied from 31 ± 5 to 113 ± 4 mg GAE/g dw. Flavonoid content varied from 29 ± 2 to 130 ± 10 mg QRE/g dw and condensed tannins ranged between 8 ± 1 and 33 ± 2 mg CTE/g dw. P. equisetiforme showed a high antioxidant po ...