Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: svein?
- Agnarsson, Sveinn, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Fisheries research 2019 v.214 pp. 126-135
- exports; fish; fisheries; leasing; taxes
- ... The development of resource rent in Icelandic fisheries has been charted since the introduction of the individual transferable quota system in 1990. An estimation of the rent capture of the fishing fee, which is a form of resource rent taxation, is also presented. Two methods were applied to calculate the resource rent. One method is based on the weighted average cost of capital of the Icelandic f ...
- Agnarsson, Sveinn, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Ecological economics 2019 v.159 pp. 279-290
- boats; business enterprises; fisheries; leasing; markets; prices; social networks; trade; Iceland
- ... The quota market is the instrument through which fishing operations under an individual transferable quota (ITQ) system achieve greater efficiency. It allows fishing companies to optimally configure their quota portfolios to their catches. Globally, fisheries corresponding to ~25% of landings have adopted ITQ systems. However, there is surprisingly little empirical information on quota markets fun ...