Jump to Main Content
- Bethry, Audrey, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of colloid and interface science 2019 v.535 pp. 505-515
- composite polymers; coordination compounds; crosslinking; curcumin; drugs; free radicals; hydrophobicity; micelles; nanomedicine; platinum; polyethylene glycol; polymerization
- ... The presence of pendant thioether groups on poly(ethylene glycol)-poly(N(2-hydroxypropyl) methacrylamide) (PEG-P(HPMA)) block copolymers allows for platinum-mediated coordinative micellar core-crosslinking, resulting in enhanced micellar stability and stimulus-responsive drug delivery.A new PEG-P(HPMA) based block copolymer with pendant 4-(methylthio)benzoyl (MTB) groups along the P(HPMA) block wa ...
- Bethry, Audrey, et al. Show all 15 Authors
- ACS applied materials & interfaces 2019 v.11 no.9 pp. 9519-9529
- biocompatible materials; cytotoxicity; energy-dispersive X-ray analysis; ligands; magnetic properties; magnetic resonance imaging; magnetism; nanocomposites; nanofibers; nanoparticles; polymers; scanning electron microscopy; transmission electron microscopy
- ... Composites combining superparamagnetic iron oxide nanoparticles (SPIONs) and polymers are largely present in modern (bio)materials. However, although SPIONs embedded in polymer matrices are classically reported, the mechanical and degradation properties of the polymer scaffold are impacted by the SPIONs. Therefore, the controlled anchoring of SPIONs onto polymer surfaces is still a major challenge ...