Jump to Main Content
- Bron, Peter A, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Current opinion in biotechnology 2019 v.56 pp. 61-68
- CRISPR-Cas systems; DNA; bacteriophages; gene editing; genomics; horizontal gene transfer; lactic acid bacteria; nanotubes
- ... The ever-expanding genomic insight in natural diversity of lactic acid bacteria (LAB) has revived the industrial interest in traditional and natural genetic mobilization methodologies. Here, we review recent advances in horizontal gene transfer processes in LAB, including natural competence, conjugation, and phage transduction. In addition, we envision the possibilities for industrial strain impro ...
- Bron, Peter A, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Current opinion in biotechnology 2019 v.56 pp. 55-60
- clinical trials; human health; mechanism of action; probiotics
- ... The different levels of knowledge described in a translational pipeline (the connection of molecular mechanisms with pre-clinical physiological and human health effects) are not complete for many probiotics. At present, we are not in a position to fully understand the mechanistic basis of many well established probiotic health benefits which, in turn, limits our ability to use mechanisms to predic ...