Jump to Main Content
- Campina, Fabia F., et al. Show all 15 Authors
- International biodeterioration & biodegradation 2019 v.141 pp. 24-29
- 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl; allelopathy; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; chelation; crops; forestry; fungi; gallic acid; heavy metals; humans; infrared spectroscopy; land use; mechanism of action; mercuric chloride; mercury; minimum inhibitory concentration; models; plant development; pollution; toxicity
- ... Human activities have enhanced environmental contamination by heavy metals such as mercury. One of the possible approaches to reducing mercury toxicity is chelation, with several plant compounds demonstrating this effect, such as gallic acid. The objective of this study was to evaluate the antioxidant, metal chelating and cytoprotective activity of gallic acid against the action of Mercury Chlorid ...
- Campina, Fabia F., et al. Show all 17 Authors
- Applied geochemistry 2019 v.104 pp. 109-115
- 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl; Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; Lactuca sativa; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; caffeic acid; chelation; geochemistry; growth and development; heavy metals; iron; mercuric chloride; minimum inhibitory concentration; models; phytotoxicity; pollution; seeds
- ... The aim of this study was to evaluate the caffeic acid antioxidant and cytoprotective activity against Mercury Chloride (HgCl2) action. DPPH and iron chelation assays were performed to evaluate the antioxidant activity. The interaction between the metal and phenolic compounds was identified by Fourier-transform infrared spectroscopy (FTIR) and microbiological tests were performed using microdiluti ...