Jump to Main Content
- Castro-Vazquez, Alfredo, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Ecotoxicology and environmental safety 2019 v.169 pp. 573-582
- Pomacea canaliculata; Western blotting; adults; agonists; females; masculinization; peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma; retinoic acid; sex differentiation disorders; tributyltin
- ... Ampullariidae are unique among gastropods in that females normally show a primordium of the copulatory apparatus (CApp). The aims of this study were (a) to quantitatively evaluate the development and growth of the female CApp with age; (b) to compare the effects of RXR and PPARγ agonists in adult females of known age and (c) to explore the effect of masculinizing RXR agonists on the expression of ...
- Castro-Vazquez, Alfredo, et al. Show all 18 Authors
- Comparative biochemistry and physiology 2019 v.234 pp. 36-49
- Annelida; Arthropoda; Chordata; Cnidaria; Echinodermata; Mollusca; Nematoda; Tardigrada; animals; antioxidant activity; death; ecophysiology; environmental factors; freezing; metabolism; oxidative stress; salinity
- ... Freezing, dehydration, salinity variations, hypoxia or anoxia are some of the environmental constraints that many organisms must frequently endure. Organisms adapted to these stressors often reduce their metabolic rates to maximize their chances of survival. However, upon recovery of environmental conditions and basal metabolic rates, cells are affected by an oxidative burst that, if uncontrolled, ...