Jump to Main Content
- Coelho, Elisabete, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Bioresource technology 2019 v.282 pp. 464-474
- Bifidobacterium; Lactobacillus; Penicillium; activated carbon; bacteria; bioreactors; experimental design; fermentation; fructooligosaccharides; gastrointestinal system; prebiotics; sucrose; trisaccharides
- ... A new isolated P. citreonigrum URM 4459 was selected to produce fructooligosaccharides (FOS) in an efficient, economical and fast one-step fermentation. Optimal culture conditions were stablished by experimental design. Experiments run in bioreactor resulted in a high yield, content, productivity and purity of FOS (0.65 ± 0.06 gFOS/ginitial Sucrose, 126.3 ± 0.1 g/L, 2.28 ± 0.08 g/L.h and 61 ± 0%). ...
- Coelho, Elisabete, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Carbohydrate polymers 2019 v.205 pp. 176-183
- Bacillus subtilis; Trichoderma reesei; fermentation; genes; pH; polymerization; prebiotics; secretion; xylan; xylanases; xylooligosaccharides
- ... The global demand of prebiotics such as xylooligosaccharides (XOS) has been growing over the years, motivating the search for different production processes with increased efficiency. In this study, a cloned Bacillus subtilis 3610, containing the xylanase gene xyn2 of Trichoderma reesei coupled with an endogenous secretion tag, was selected for XOS production through direct fermentation of beechwo ...