Jump to Main Content
- Dixon, Kingsley W., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Restoration ecology 2019 v.27 no.2 pp. 243-246
- ecological restoration; ecosystems; humans; models
- ... Evans and Davis claim the SER Standards use a “pure naturalness” model for restoration baselines and exclude most cultural ecosystems from the ecological restoration paradigm. The SER Standards do neither. The SER Standards consider both “natural” ecosystems (that are unequivocally not cultural) and “similar” cultural ecosystems as suitable reference models. Furthermore, Evans and Davis propose as ...
- Dixon, Kingsley W., et al. Show all 12 Authors
- The Science of the total environment 2019 v.651 pp. 192-202
- Maireana brevifolia; X-ray absorption spectroscopy; X-ray diffraction; aluminum; biotite; energy-dispersive X-ray analysis; goethite; hematite; iron; magnetite; mica; microorganisms; mine tailings; organic carbon; pH; phytoremediation; pioneer species; silicon; soil; soil formation; spectral analysis; surface area; Western Australia
- ... The present study aimed to characterize key physico-chemical and mineralogical attributes of magnetite iron (Fe) ore tailings to identify potential constraints limiting in situ soil formation and direct phytostabilization. Tailings of different age, together with undisturbed local native soils, were sampled from a magnetite mine in Western Australia. Tailings were extremely alkaline (pH > 9.0), wi ...