Jump to Main Content
- Evans, Mary Anne, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Biogeochemistry 2019 v.142 no.1 pp. 73-93
- bioavailability; community structure; environmental factors; inorganic phosphorus; lakes; nitrates; nitrogen; nutrient content; nutrients; phytoplankton; phytotoxins; pollution load; primary productivity; river flow; rivers; streams; summer; Lake Michigan
- ... Understanding the quantity and form of nutrient loads to large lakes is necessary to understand controls over primary production, phytoplankton community composition and the production of phytotoxins. Nutrient loading estimates to large lakes are primarily made at stream gages that are deliberately placed outside the direct influence of lake processes, but these estimates cannot take into account ...
- Evans, Mary Anne, et al. Show all 17 Authors
- Ecological indicators 2019 v.101 pp. 203-211
- Dreissenidae; Neogobius melanostomus; antagonism; case studies; climate change; ecosystems; environmental indicators; expert opinion; focus groups; hypoxia; invasive species; models; mussels; pollution load; prediction; surveys; systematic review; wetlands; Great Lakes
- ... Co-occurrence of environmental stressors is ubiquitous in ecosystems, but cumulative effects are difficult to predict for effective indicator development. Individual stressors can amplify (synergies) or lessen (antagonisms) each other's impacts or have fully independent effects (additive). Here we use the Laurentian Great Lakes, where a multitude of stressors have been studied for decades, as a ca ...