Jump to Main Content
- Fernandes, João B., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Antioxidants 2019 v.8 no.10
- Ricinus communis; alkaloids; antioxidant activity; ethyl acetate; leaves; methanol; microwave treatment; solvents; temperature
- ... The alkaloid ricinine (3-cyano-4-methoxy-N-methyl-2-pyridone) is found in different parts of the Ricinus communis plant and is known to possess several bioactive properties, including strong antioxidant activity. In this study, a new microwave-assisted extraction (MAE) method was developed for the recovery of ricinine from R. communis leaves. The extraction variables studied were extraction temper ...
- PubMed Central:
- Fernandes, João B., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Revista Brasileira de Farmacognosia 2019 v.29 no.4 pp. 491-494
- Bowdichia; beta-sitosterol; cathepsin V; ethyl acetate; fractionation; hexane; lupeol; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; p-coumaric acid; stems; stigmasterol
- ... Bioassay-guided fractionation of Bowdichia virgilioides Kunth, Fabaceae, extracts has led to the isolation of cathepsin V inhibitors. The investigation of the hexane and ethyl acetate extracts allowed the characterization of eleven compounds: lupeol, lupenone, β-sitosterol and stigmasterol in mixture, trans p-coumaric acid ester derivative, syringaresinol, bowdenol, 8-methoxycoumestrol, 3,4-hydrox ...
- Fernandes, João B., et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Natural product research 2019 v.33 no.16 pp. 2389-2393
- Bothrops; Escherichia coli; Galactia; Pseudomonas aeruginosa; Staphylococcus aureus; aerial parts; antimicrobial properties; chromatography; leaves; light microscopy; muscles; neurotoxicity; neutralization; rutin; snake bites; spectroscopy; venoms; Brazil
- ... Galactia glaucescens leaves are popularly used against snakebites in Brazil. The hydroethanolic extract from aerial parts of G. glaucescens (HEGg) was assayed against the neurotoxicity and myotoxicity induced by Bothrops jararacussu venom. A traditional myographic technique was applied for neurotoxicity and the resulting muscles were treated routinely by light microscopy analysis for myotoxicity. ...