Jump to Main Content
- Forest, Felix, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Systematics and biodiversity 2019 v.17 no.2 pp. 110-123
- Conophytum; amplified fragment length polymorphism; genetic variation; habitats; islands; mining; phylogeography; population genetics; quartz; vegetation; South Africa
- ... The Bushmanland Inselberg Region (BIR) of South Africa provides an ideal system to study population interactions, as these inselbergs function as islands of Succulent Karoo surrounded by Nama Karoo vegetation. The population genetics of four Conophytum taxa endemic to the quartz-associated habitats of inselbergs in the BIR were investigated using amplified fragment length polymorphisms (AFLP), nam ...
- Forest, Félix, et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Molecular phylogenetics and evolution 2019 v.137 pp. 156-167
- Anthonotha; Englerodendron; Pseudomacrolobium; corolla; data collection; legumes; microstructure; monophyly; stamens; topology; transcriptome
- ... Detarioideae is well known for its high diversity of floral traits, including flower symmetry, number of organs, and petal size and morphology. This diversity has been characterized and studied at higher taxonomic levels, but limited analyses have been performed among closely related genera with contrasting floral traits due to the lack of fully resolved phylogenetic relationships. Here, we used f ...