Jump to Main Content
- Garcia-Diaz, S., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- International journal of biological macromolecules 2019 v.132 pp. 766-771
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; alpha-amylase; corn starch; dispersions; enzymatic hydrolysis; enzyme activity; enzyme inhibition; gelatinization; glucose; hydrolysis; mathematical models; starch
- ... The inhibitory effect of glucose on the activity of α‑amylase used for starch hydrolysis was explored in this study. Four gelatinized corn starch dispersions (5 g/100 mL) containing different glucose concentrations (0.5, 1.0, 2.0 and 4.0 g/100 mL) and a control without added glucose were subjected to enzymatic hydrolysis with α‑amylase (0.33 IU/mL) for 2 h. The hydrolysis kinetics showed that the ...
- Garcia-Diaz, S., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Food hydrocolloids 2019 v.90 pp. 421-432
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; biochemical pathways; deformation; dough; hydrocolloids; microstructure; molecular conformation; protein secondary structure; starch granules; viscoelasticity; wheat; wheat protein; yeasts
- ... Wheat dough is subjected to large deformations under realistic processing conditions. The viscoelasticity under large deformations can be hardly captured by traditional small amplitude oscillatory tests. Large amplitude oscillatory shear (LAOS) tests are required for accurate characterization of the nonlinear mechanical response. In this regard, LAOS studies of yeasted wheat dough leavened at diff ...