Jump to Main Content
- Han, Pei, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Bioresource technology 2019 v.280 pp. 127-135
- Spirulina; adsorption; algae culture; ammonium; biomass production; desorption; industrialization; nitrogen; pH; remediation; toxicity; value added; wastewater; zeolites
- ... Owning to the ammonium toxicity, some ammonium-rich wastewater may not be used for algae cultivation. To overcome this problem, herein, a novel approach of using zeolite to mitigate ammonium toxicity in wastewater for value-added Spirulina production was proposed. Synthetic zeolite was used as medium for ammonium adsorption in wastewater and subsequently as slow-releaser providing nitrogen to Spir ...
- Han, Pei-pei, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2019 v.67 no.8 pp. 2235-2244
- Cyanobacterium (genus); Nostoc flagelliforme; biosynthesis; blue light; carbohydrate metabolism; cysteine; energy metabolism; exopolysaccharides; fluorescent lighting; genes; homeostasis; hydrogen peroxide; light quality; malondialdehyde; oxidative stress; red light; transcriptomics
- ... To explore the regulatory factor of light quality affecting exopolysaccharide (EPS) production, transcriptome analysis of Nostoc flagelliforme cells exposed to red light (R), blue light (B), and mixed light (B/R = 15:7) (BR) with white fluorescent light as control was performed. The differentially expressed genes mainly enriched in carbohydrate metabolism and energy metabolism. Significant enrichm ...