Jump to Main Content
- Han, Weon Shik, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of hydrology 2019 v.572 pp. 32-39
- carbon dioxide; equations; feasibility studies; hydrology; models; monitoring; permeability; uncertainty
- ... We explored the feasibility of an improved design of a CO2 leakage monitoring network at a geologic storage site. To effectively represent CO2 pathways, a rule-based percolation model was adopted rather than the rigorous multiphase flow model based on Darcy’s equation. Five different monitoring network designs were compared using a few scenarios and multiple correlated random field realizations. T ...
- Han, Weon Shik, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of hydrology 2019 v.570 pp. 786-801
- aquifers; carbon dioxide; carbon dioxide production; models; soil; water; Green River; Utah
- ... Understanding CO2 migration and distribution in fault systems is essential to evaluate long-term secure CO2 storage and prevent hazardous effects caused by CO2 leakage. To elucidate the role of the fault system on subsurface CO2 migration and leakage processes, a two-dimensional multi-phase transport model was constructed to represent Little Grand Wash (LGW) and Salt Wash (SW) faults, where natura ...