Jump to Main Content
- Hansen, Birgitte, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of environmental management 2019 v.240 pp. 66-74
- aerobic conditions; agricultural watersheds; aquifers; groundwater; leaching; livestock; loam soils; monitoring; nitrates; nitrogen; nutrient use efficiency; pollution load; rhizosphere; sandy soils; streams; surface water; topsoil; water quality; Denmark
- ... Over the last 30 years, Denmark has implemented a series of environmental action plans involving regulation of agricultural nitrogen (N) use and management in order to minimize the N pollution of the environment. The local effects of these action plan initiatives depend on various factors such as the efficiency of the implemented measures, and in particular, the hydrogeological structures and geoc ...
- Hansen, Birgitte, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- The Science of the total environment 2019 pp. 133583
- agricultural soils; aquatic ecosystems; aquatic environment; base flow; geophysics; glacial deposits; hydrochemistry; intensive farming; landscapes; leaching; nitrogen; pollution load; public health; space and time; surface water; watersheds
- ... Nitrogen (N) leaching caused by agricultural activities is one of the major threats to the aquatic ecosystems and public health. Moving from the agricultural soils through the subsurface and reemerging to the surface water, N undergoes various biogeochemical reactions along pathways in the subsurface, which occur heterogeneously in space and time. Thus to improve our understanding on the fate and ...