Jump to Main Content
- Houston-Price, Carmel, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Appetite 2019 v.140 pp. 114-133
- behavior change; children; eating habits; healthy diet; parents; systematic review
- ... Unhealthy eating habits have long term health implications and can begin at a young age when children still consume the majority of their meals at home. As parents are the principal agents of change in children's eating behaviours, the home environment is the logical location for the delivery of interventions targeting healthy family eating. Despite the recent proliferation of published studies of ...
- Houston-Price, Carmel, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Food quality and preference 2019 v.71 pp. 291-300
- children; diet; food acceptability; foods; fruits; parents; taste; toddlers; vegetables
- ... While repeated exposure is an established method for inducing food acceptance in young children, little is known about parents’ experiences of repeatedly offering new or disliked foods at home. In this study, parents kept structured diary records during a 15-day period in which they offered their 2-year-old child daily tastes of one fruit and one vegetable. We explored how children’s acceptance of ...