Jump to Main Content
- Huang, Shen‐Xin, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Phytopathologische Zeitschrift 2019 v.167 no.2 pp. 111-122
- Phytophthora capsici; asexual reproduction; epidemiology; fluorescent labeling; genetic analysis; genetic recombination; genetic variation; genotype; genotyping; mating types; metalaxyl; microsatellite repeats; outcrossing; pathogens; population structure; vegetable growing; China
- ... Phytophthora capsici is an important oomycete pathogen threatening the vegetable production in China, but very little is known about its population structure. The objective of the present study was to evaluate the genetic diversity of 49 P. capsici isolates obtained from 2007 to 2014 at nine provincial locations in China. Isolates were assessed for mating type, metalaxyl resistance and simple sequ ...
- Huang, Shen-Xin, et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Molecular plant-microbe interactions 2019 v.32 no.8 pp. 986-1000
- Nicotiana benthamiana; Phytophthora capsici; cell death; dwarfing; gene editing; gene silencing; immunity; pathogenesis; phosphoprotein phosphatase; plant pathogens; proteins; sweet peppers; tomatoes; two hybrid system techniques; virulence
- ... Plant pathogens employ diverse secreted effector proteins to manipulate host physiology and defense in order to foster diseases. The destructive Phytophthora pathogens encode hundreds of cytoplasmic effectors, which are believed to function inside the plant cells. Many of these cytoplasmic effectors contain the conserved N-terminal RXLR motif. Understanding the virulence function of RXLR effectors ...