Jump to Main Content
- Jeżewski, Witold, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- International journal for parasitology 2019 v.9 pp. 90-99
- Corvidae; Skrjabinus; Sylvia atricapilla; Turdidae; adults; flukes; hosts; larvae; migratory birds; mitochondrial genes; phylogeny; taxonomy; Europe
- ... Lyperosomum Looss, 1899 is one of the largest genera of the Dicrocoeliidae and is one of the best examples of the systematic complexity and taxonomic instability within this family. We present the molecular analyses based on novel sequences of nuclear and mitochondrial genes obtained from 56 isolates of adult flukes and larval stages of dicrocoeliids belonging to Lyperosomum, Skrjabinus, Zonorchis ...
- Jeżewski, Witold, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- EcoHealth 2019 v.16 no.1 pp. 161-170
- Alces alces; Taenia hydatigena; cysticerci; cytochrome-c oxidase; genes; liver; mediastinum; ungulates; wild boars; wolves; Poland
- ... The article examines the presence of metacestodes on the liver capsule in two wild boars and on the liver capsule and mediastinum in moose. Cysticerci were identified as Taenia hydatigena metacestodes by morphological features—size and shape of rostellar hooks and molecular analysis of the partial sequences of cytochrome c oxidase subunit 1 gene. Molecular analysis revealed similarities between th ...