Jump to Main Content
- Kato, Hiroshi, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Molecular breeding 2019 v.39 no.3 pp. 36
- DNA; Oryza sativa; abscission; crops; cultivars; gamma radiation; genes; genomics; harvesting; irradiation; loci; microRNA; mutants; parents; pedicel; plant breeding; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; rice; seed shattering; seeds; sequence analysis; wheat
- ... Seed shattering is an important trait related to the efficiency of harvesting seeds in crops. Although several genes have been identified to control seed shattering in rice (Oryza sativa L.), the genetic architecture underlying extensive variation of seed shattering is yet unclear. ‘Oonari’, a moderate-shattering indica rice cultivar, was developed from a mutant obtained through gamma-ray irradiat ...
- Kato, Hiroshi, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Plant growth regulation 2019 v.87 no.2 pp. 267-276
- Oryza sativa; alleles; chromosomes; grain yield; high-yielding varieties; inbred lines; lodging; lodging resistance; marker-assisted selection; panicles; quantitative trait loci; rice; spikelets
- ... Lodging is one of the major problems in rice production. In this study, we identified quantitative trait loci (QTLs) for lodging resistance traits using recombinant inbred lines (RILs) derived from a cross between two high yielding and superior lodging resistant rice cultivars, Tachisugata and Hokuriku 193. A total of 19 QTLs were detected on chromosomes (Chrs.) 2, 4, 6, 8, 9 and 10 in the F₆ and ...