Jump to Main Content
- Kothyari, Girish Ch, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Quaternary international 2019 v.507 pp. 274-287
- Holocene epoch; basins; bedrock; earthquakes; sediments; tectonics; terraces; India
- ... Paleoseismic and archaeological records of the Kachchh Rift Basin (KRB) of western India indicates that the region become tectonically active during the period of Middle to Late Holocene. To understand the relationship between strain accumulation, earthquake genesis, and landform development, we analyzed uplifted Late Quaternary terraces and archaeological evidence along the Kachchh Mainland Fault ...
- Kothyari, Girish Ch, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Quaternary international 2019 v.507 pp. 302-323
- basins; deformation; earthquakes; geodesy; geophysics; hazard characterization; infrastructure; interferometry; landscapes; subsidence; synthetic aperture radar; topography; Himalayan region; India
- ... The consequence of strain accumulation along various Himalayan thrusts is manifested in shaping the topography and present day lanscape features of the Himalaya. Consequently, the strain accomodation is attributed to the occurrence of various devastating earthquakes in the Himalayan domain including 1905 Kangra earthquake (Mw 7.8) which occurred along the Kangra valley fault. In the present study, ...