Jump to Main Content
- Lee, Ik Soo, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Food science and biotechnology 2019 v.28 no.2 pp. 563-568
- adipocytes; animal disease models; blood; blood glucose; gene expression; glucose; glucose tolerance tests; glucose transporters; glycemic effect; herbal medicines; high fat diet; insulin; mice; muscles; noninsulin-dependent diabetes mellitus; obesity; oral administration
- ... The Aster koraiensis extract (ASKO) is a newly developed dietary herbal supplement. In this study, the potent blood glucose-lowering activity of ASKO in vitro and in vivo was investigated. In an in vitro glucose uptake assay, ASKO was found to enhance glucose transport in 3T3-L1 adipocytes. Oral administration of ASKO significantly reduced glucose levels in normoglycemic mice during oral glucose t ...
- Lee, Ik Soo, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Nutrients 2019 v.11 no.3
- Osteomeles; advanced glycation end products; apoptosis; blood glucose; diabetic retinopathy; endothelial cells; ethanol; herbal medicines; humans; mitochondria; mitogen-activated protein kinase; nutrients; oxidative stress; patients; protein kinase C; quercitrin; rats; transcription factor NF-kappa B
- ... Retinal apoptosis plays a critical role in the progression of diabetic retinopathy (DR), a common diabetic complication. Currently, the tight control of blood glucose levels is the standard approach to prevent or delay the progression of DR. However, prevalence of DR among diabetic patients remains high. Focusing on natural nutrients or herbal medicines that can prevent or delay the onset of diabe ...