Jump to Main Content
- Lin, Jianping, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of industrial microbiology & biotechnology 2019 v.46 no.8 pp. 1061-1069
- Escherichia coli; NADP (coenzyme); Neurospora crassa; batch fermentation; bioreactors; biotransformation; carbon; cell growth; enzyme activity; enzymes; genes; hydrolysates; liquid state fermentation; pentose phosphate cycle; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; xylitol; xylose
- ... Cofactor supply is a rate-limiting step in the bioconversion of xylose to xylitol. Strain WZ04 was first constructed by a novel simultaneous deletion–insertion strategy, replacing ptsG, xylAB and ptsF in wild-type Escherichia coli W3110 with three mutated xylose reductase genes (xr) from Neurospora crassa. Then, the pfkA, pfkB, pgi and/or sthA genes were deleted and replaced by xr to investigate t ...
- Lin, Jianping, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Enzyme and microbial technology 2019 v.129 pp. 109355
- Escherichia coli; S-adenosylmethionine; active sites; adenosine triphosphate; catalytic activity; enzyme activity; hydrogen bonding; ligands; methionine adenosyltransferase; mutagenesis
- ... S-adenosylmethionine synthetase (MAT) catalyzes the synthesis of S-adenosylmethionine (SAM) from ATP and L-methionine. SAM is the major methyl donor for more than 100 transmethylation reactions. It is also a common cosubstrate involved in transsulfuration and aminopropylation. However, product inhibition largely restrains the activity of MAT and limits the enzymatic synthesis of SAM. In this resea ...