Jump to Main Content
- Lomba, Laura, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Chemosphere 2019 v.227 pp. 480-488
- Crustacea; Danio rerio; abnormal development; acute toxicity; alcohols; algae; bacteria; biomass; computer software; ecotoxicology; edema; energy; environmental impact; furfural; heart; heat; invertebrates; lactic acid; lethal concentration 50; model validation; models; prediction; quantitative structure-activity relationships; regression analysis; solvents; sublethal effects; toxic substances
- ... The increasing interest in the development of ecofriendly solvents has led to the synthesis of benign alternative chemicals with minimized environmental impacts. These kinds of chemicals are known as Green solvents. In this work, we selected three families of solvents (furfural, lactate and levulinate families) derived from biomass that are structurally related. Most of the previous ecotoxicologic ...
- Lomba, Laura, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Chemistry in ecology 2019 v.35 no.2 pp. 102-114
- Vibrio fischeri; ecotoxicology; ibuprofen; median effective concentration; prediction; risk assessment; toxicity
- ... The acute ecotoxic effects of ibuprofen and omeprazole and their mixture have been measured using Aliivibrio fischeri as a biomodel. The toxic effects were also tested after 5 days, and an effect-driven approach was used to analyse the results. The toxic effects of the mixtures were compared with the predictions obtained using concentration addition and independent action mathematical methods. Acc ...