Jump to Main Content
- Macías-Duarte, Alberto, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- TheJournal of raptor research 2019 v.53 no.2 pp. 127-133
- Athene cunicularia; DNA; genetic drift; genetic variation; geographical distribution; loci; microsatellite repeats; Florida; Mexico
- ... Burrowing Owls (Athene cunicularia) have a large geographic range spanning both North and South America and resident populations occur on many islands in the eastern Pacific Ocean and the Caribbean Sea. Many owl populations are isolated and disjunct from other populations, but studies on genetic variation within and among populations are limited. We characterized DNA microsatellite variation in po ...
- Macías-Duarte, Alberto, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- TheWilson journal of ornithology 2019 v.131 no.1 pp. 72-83
- Bayesian theory; Cenchrus ciliaris; habitat destruction; habitats; models; nesting; nests; normalized difference vegetation index; phenology; prairies; probability; rain; reproductive success; seasonal variation; shrubs; summer; Mexico
- ... We determined the effect of the seasonal distribution of summer rainfall and associated seasonal changes in vegetation on the timing of reproduction and reproductive success of the Rufous-winged Sparrow (Peucaea carpalis) in the plains of central Sonora, Mexico, and influence of exotic buffelgrass (Pennisetum ciliare). We monitored 302 nests twice weekly from early July to early October of 2012–20 ...