Jump to Main Content
- Massarutto, Antonio, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Journal of environmental management 2019 v.240 pp. 504-510
- European Union; case studies; circular economy; cost effectiveness; electronic wastes; electronics; financial economics; issues and policy; lamps; market prices; mining; politics; rare earth elements; raw materials; recycling; yttrium
- ... This paper discusses the economic rationale of recycling exhaustible raw materials and assesses how a circular economy perspective can improve the sustainable use of critical raw materials (CRMs). We use the case study of yttrium, a rare-earth element (REE) on the EU list of CRMs, given its widespread use in the electronics industry and the geopolitical concentration of its supply. Even if recycli ...
- Massarutto, Antonio, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of cleaner production 2019 v.208 pp. 916-923
- environmental economics; households; issues and policy; motivation; municipal solid waste; recycling; willingness to pay; Italy
- ... Behavioural and mainstream environmental economics have proposed alternative explanations for individual motivations behind environmentally relevant activities, leading to different recommendations for policymakers. Separate collection of different types of municipal waste represents a popular field of application. In this paper, we exploit the results of a choice experiment study conducted on a r ...