Jump to Main Content
- Mattson, Mark P., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Food and chemical toxicology 2019 v.129 pp. 399-404
- curcumin; experimental design; hormesis; neurons; stem cells; toxicology
- ... Curcumin is shown to commonly induce biphasic dose responses in a broad range of cell types, with particular emphasis on neural cells, including neuronal stem cells. The quantitative features of these biphasic dose responses, with respect to the magnitude and width of the low dose stimulation, are similar to those reported for hormetic dose responses. These hormetic dose responses occur within the ...
- Mattson, Mark P., et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Analytical biochemistry 2019 v.572 pp. 1-8
- NAD (coenzyme); NADP (coenzyme); autoxidation; cell culture; cerebrospinal fluid; erythrocytes; humans; liquid chromatography; mass spectrometry; metabolites; metabolome; skeletal muscle
- ... The reduction-oxidation state of NAD+/NADH is critical for cellular health with NAD+ and its metabolites playing critical roles in aging and pathologies. Given the inherent autooxidation of reduced dinucleotides (i.e. NADH/NADPH), and the well-established differential stability, the accurate measurement of NAD+ and its metabolites is technically challenging. Moreover, sample processing, normalizat ...