Jump to Main Content
- Miletti, Luiz Claudio, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Parasite epidemiology and control 2019 pp. e00114
- Anaplasma marginale; Babesia bigemina; Babesia bovis; DNA; blood; blood sampling; cattle; chloroform; disease occurrence; enzootic diseases; farms; hemoparasites; mixed infection; pathogens; phenol; polymerase chain reaction; screening; signs and symptoms (animals and humans); Brazil
- ... This study aimed to determine the prevalence of three common hemoparasites (Anaplasma marginale, Babesia bovis and Babesia bigemina) in cattle from 16 counties in the Campos de Lages region, Santa Catarina state, Brazil, and the factors affecting disease occurrence. The study population consisted of 257 clinically healthy animals from 21 rural farms. Bovine blood samples were collected by jugular ...
- Miletti, Luiz Claudio, et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Microbial pathogenesis 2019 v.132 pp. 156-161
- Chagas disease; Trypanosoma cruzi; antioxidant activity; blood-brain barrier; brain; cell cycle; cognition; embryo (animal); females; grapes; medicinal properties; mice; neural stem cells; neurogenesis; neurons; parasites; polyphenols; resveratrol; therapeutics
- ... Chagas disease (CD) affecting about 7 million people is caused by the flagellate protozoan Trypanosoma cruzi. The central nervous system (CNS) is an important site for T. cruzi persistence in the host during the chronic phase of infection, because the protozoan may pass the blood-brain barrier and may cause motor and cognitive neuronal damage. Thinking about avoiding or minimizing these negative e ...