Jump to Main Content
- Miller, Melissa A., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- International journal for parasitology 2019 v.9 pp. 60-67
- Enhydra lutris nereis; Phoca vitulina; adults; bacterial infections; case-control studies; copulation; death; inflammation; mite infestations; mites; necropsy; nose; pathophysiology; risk factors; sympatry; California
- ... Halarachne sp. nasal mites infest harbor seals (Phoca vitulina) and southern sea otters (Enhydra lutris nereis) in California, but little is known about the pathophysiology of these infestations, or risk factors for exposure. To investigate these questions, a retrospective case-control study was performed using necropsy data from 70 mite-infested sea otters, and 144 non-infested controls. Case rec ...
- Miller, Melissa D., et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Agriculture, ecosystems & environment 2019 v.272 pp. 19-28
- agricultural land; agricultural watersheds; application methods; eutrophication; manure spreading; no-tillage; phosphorus; runoff; sediments; subsurface flow; total solids; water quality; Pennsylvania
- ... Eutrophication and sedimentation are pervasive challenges in many agricultural watersheds. Recent research has promoted shallow-disk manure injection as a means of mitigating phosphorus (P) losses in runoff while maintaining the water quality benefits of no-till, such as reduced particulate P and sediment losses. However, the precision and accuracy of field studies seeking to quantify the effectiv ...