Jump to Main Content
- Nic Lughadha, Eimear M.; Graziele Staggemeier, Vanessa; Vasconcelos, Thais N. C.; Walker, Barnaby E.; Canteiro, Cátia; Lucas, Eve J.
- Conservation biology 2019 v.33 no.3 pp. 511-522
- Myrcia, etc ; databases; georeferencing; natural history; risk; tropical plants; Show all 6 Subjects
- ... The value of natural history collections for conservation science research is increasingly recognized, despite their well‐documented limitations in terms of taxonomic, geographic, and temporal coverage. Specimen‐based analyses are particularly important for tropical plant groups for which field observations are scarce and potentially unreliable due to high levels of diversity‐amplifying identifica ...
- Vasconcelos, Thais N. C.; Chartier, Marion; Prenner, Gerhard; Martins, Aline C.; Schönenberger, Jürg; Wingler, Astrid; Lucas, Eve
- Thenew phytologist 2019 v.221 no.3 pp. 1597-1608
- Myrcia, etc ; ecological competition; ecosystems; environmental factors; flowers; phylogeny; pollination; trees; Show all 8 Subjects
- ... Changes in floral morphology are expected across evolutionary time and are often promoted as important drivers in angiosperm diversification. Such a statement, however, is in contrast to empirical observations of species‐rich lineages that show apparent conservative floral morphologies even under strong selective pressure to change from their environments. Here, we provide quantitative evidence fo ...