Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: ozden?
- Özmen, Özlem, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Acta veterinaria 2019 v.69 no.2 pp. 177-191
- antineoplastic activity; artemisinin; body weight; caspase-3; doxorubicin; histopathology; hyperemia; immunohistochemistry; inducible nitric oxide synthase; intraperitoneal injection; kidneys; nephrotoxicity; protective effect; rats; testes; tissues; transcription factor NF-kappa B; tumor necrosis factor-alpha
- ... Artemisinin, an antimalarial drug, has anticancer activity and possesses protective effects against several tissue injuries. The aim of the present study was to investigate the effects of artemisinin on doxorubicin-induced renal and testicular toxicity in rats. Doxorubicin was administered to rats at a single dose of 10 mg/kg body weight (b.w.) as a single intraperitoneal injection. Application of ...
- Ozmen, Ozlem, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Animal reproduction science 2019
- Curcuma longa; Pseudotropheus; adverse effects; breeding stock; dietary supplements; eggs; enteritis; fecundity; females; fish; hatching; histology; histopathology; larvae; liver; males; ovarian follicles; ovulation; reproductive performance; spawning; survival rate; turmeric
- ... This study was conducted to determine the effect of turmeric powder dietary supplementation on the histology of visceral organs and reproductive performance of Pseudotropheus acei. The fish were fed dietary additions of 0%, 1%, 3%, 5%, and 7% turmeric powder. Each treatment was replicated three times. There were one male and four female fish with a mean weight of 6 g in each replicate. The fish we ...