Jump to Main Content
- Pasquali, Vittorio, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Environmental research 2019
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; Gammarus; benthic organisms; food webs; habitats; ingestion; microplastics; predators; staining; Arctic region; Norway
- ... The present paper provides the first record of ingestion of microplastics in natural context by Gammarus setosus from Svalbard Archipelago. The plastic particles were identified both by Nile Red staining and Micro FT-IR spectroscopy. The species studied ingests microplastic particles in natural conditions if present in its habitat, probably mistaking them as food. The microplastic particles ingest ...
- Pasquali, Vittorio, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Ethology, ecology & evolution 2019 v.31 no.4 pp. 348-357
- Lepidurus; animals; biological clocks; diapause; dormancy; eggs; genes; hatching; lakes; lighting; phenology; risk; summer; temperature; Arctic region
- ... Dormancy, which arrests development, is a well-known survival strategy among animals living in the Arctic to overcome harsh periods. It is not clear if the dormant state in notostracans is controlled endogenously (diapause) or exogenously (quiescence). For Lepidurus arcticus, it is unknown how it responds to the photoperiod entrainment, if it has a biological clock and if it has a rhythmic express ...