Jump to Main Content
- Pereira, Jorge A., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Food packaging and shelf life 2019 v.20 pp. 100304
- Enterobacteriaceae; Pseudomonas; consumer acceptance; food packaging; lactic acid; lactic acid bacteria; meat products; ready-to-eat foods; sausages; shelf life; spoilage; vacuum packaging
- ... Cooked blood sausages, such as Morcela de Arroz (MA), are ready-to-eat meat products consumed in many countries. The aim of this study was to demonstrate that spoilage of MA is multifactorial, involving microbiological, chemical and sensory modifications, which difficult the use of selected single indicators to establish product shelf life and to establish its shelf life based on consumers’ willin ...
- Pereira, Jorge A., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Food chemistry 2019 v.278 pp. 144-162
- adulterated foods; biomarkers; food fraud; food safety; genetic variation; metabolites; product authenticity; production technology; provenance; public health; spoilage
- ... In recent years, food frauds and adulterations have increased significantly. This practice is motivated by fast economical gains and has an enormous impact on public health, representing an important issue in food science. In this context, this review has been designed to be a useful guide of potential biomarkers of food authenticity and safety. In terms of food authenticity, we focused our attent ...