Jump to Main Content
- Plačková, Lenka, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- New biotechnology 2019 v.48 pp. 83-89
- Ecklonia; Spinacia oleracea; bioactive compounds; biochemical compounds; carotenoids; chlorophyll; cost effectiveness; crops; cytokinins; dihydrozeatin; isopentenyladenine; leaves; macroalgae; nutritive value; plant growth; protein content; sinapic acid; smoke; spinach
- ... Bioactive compounds such as karrikinolide (KAR1 from smoke) and eckol (from the seaweed Ecklonia maxima) show promising effects on several important crop plants. These plant growth-stimulating organic biomolecules, along with crude extracts (smoke-water and Kelpak® product prepared from Ecklonia maxima), were tested on spinach plants. Eckol sprayed at 10−6 M significantly increased all the growth ...
- Plačková, Lenka, et al. Show all 15 Authors
- Theplant journal 2019 v.97 no.5 pp. 805-824
- Arabidopsis; apical meristems; biomass; cell proliferation; chlorosis; cytokinins; genes; leaf development; leaves; photosynthesis; plant hormones; proteome; sugar content; transcriptomics; turgor
- ... The phytohormone cytokinin has been shown to affect many aspects of plant development ranging from the regulation of the shoot apical meristem to leaf senescence. However, some studies have reported contradictory effects of cytokinin on leaf physiology. Therefore cytokinin treatments cause both chlorosis and increased greening and both lead to decrease or increase in cell size. To elucidate this m ...