Jump to Main Content
- Rehman, Hafiz Mamoon, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Plant, cell and environment 2019 v.42 no.1 pp. 52-70
- agronomic traits; amino acids; biofortification; dietary protein; grains; hunger; legumes; longevity; malnutrition; microbiome; nutrient content; people
- ... Legumes are the world's primary source of dietary protein and are particularly important for those in developing economies. However, the biofortification potential of legumes remains underexploited. Legumes offer a diversity of micronutrients and amino acids, exceeding or complementing the profiles of cereals. As such, the enhancement of legume nutritional composition presents an appealing target ...
- Rehman, Hafiz Mamoon, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Biochemical genetics 2019 v.57 no.2 pp. 248-272
- Angiospermae; biosynthesis; cell walls; cellulose synthase; genes; genomics; leaves; microsatellite repeats; phylogeny; proteins; senescence (aging)
- ... Cellulose synthase A (CESA) is a key enzyme involved in the complex process of plant cell wall biosynthesis, and it remains a productive subject for research. We employed systems biology approaches to explore structural diversity of eudicot CESAs by exon–intron organization, mode of duplication, synteny, and splice site analyses. Using a combined phylogenetics and comparative genomics approach cou ...